How To Make Cannabis E-Liquid At Home – 2 Methods
More than ever, people are using e-liquid and vapes over smoking traditional cigarettes. This is largely due to the advantages vaporizers have over traditional smoking methods. These days, e-liquids are not just restricted to nicotine and flavors, and new types of e-liquids are starting to increase substantially in popularity. In particular, many people are becoming interested in cannabis e-liquid or THC e-liquid. Not only is it a cool new fun way to get high, but it also helps to kick the nicotine habit.
If you are fortunate enough to live in a place where cannabis is legal either medicinally or recreationally, you may have the opportunity to buy THC juice off the shelf from recognized brands. Dispensaries in Colorado and certain other U.S. states typically carry e-liquids in stock. These e-liquids typically contain THC as the primary cannabinoid, though some places carry CBD-dominant e-liquids, if you are looking for more medicinal e-juice opposed to the high.
Some makers of THC and CBD e-liquids will mix in an aroma and flavor to their herbal blends – if you shop around you will find many different blends and will find one that is perfect for you. Usually, extra flavor and aroma is provided by terpenes, the natural aroma compounds found in the cannabis plant.
In most other places, THC extracts in the form of e-liquids do not exist. Even in the social clubs of Spain, most just sell herb and hash, with some wax and BHO. Places that regularly stock THC liquids are rare indeed. This means that your only real and reliable option is to make THC e-liquids at home.
There are various ways to make cannabis e-cig liquids. It can be a very simple process if you learn from the right source, but can become quite complex the more you try to refine the process. Here, we’ll go through two of the more simple methods.
The Easy Method of Making Cannabis E-Liquid
To start, we have the number one easy method. This method utilizes a popular product that is called EJMix, which is a blend of glycols – which we will touch on a bit later in this article.
Here is what you will need:
- – EJMix (the availability depends on your country).
- – High-quality cannabis extract, preferably winterized Butane Hash Oil (BHO) or quick wash ethanol (QWET)
Here is what you do:
- First, melt your extract with low temp gentle heat – either in a microwave for a minute or minute and a half on a low setting – the lowest will work fine. Another method is to put it in a cup or container and place this in boiling water – but without getting your extract wet.
- Second, mix the EJMix into your melted extract by stirring with a stainless steel/silicon spatula. Start with a 1:1 ratio of EJMix to extract. You can vary this according to your personal preference, if you want a stronger or milder extract.
- When the mixture is fully stirred in and homogenized, remove it from the heat source and allow it to cool completely.
- You may have just made your first batch of THC e-juice. Test your cannabis liquid now and see what you think – if you find that it’s too dense or too strong, add more EJMix and repeat the above steps. Many people find that a 2:3 ratio of extract to EJMix is a good alternative to 1:1.
So that’s the easiest method, and as you can see, it only takes a few minutes if you have the right ingredients! But not everyone has the option to buy EJMix, as it’s not available everywhere, and even where it is available it can be pricey. As well as that, you may not have access to good-quality extracts like BHO.