Salted Caramel Cannabis CakeDifficulty: Easy
Equipment & Ingredients
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- mixing bowls
- 3 8-inch cake round pans
- Stand mixer
- Cake Layers
1 cup salted cannabutter "softened"
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour "plus more"
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole buttermilk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- vegetable shortening to grease the pan
- Caramel Frosting
1 cup salted cannabis butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat salted cannabis butter with a stand mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating on low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into 3 greased (with vegetable shortening) and floured 8-inch round cake pans. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean, 22 to 24 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Transfer from pans to wire racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Bring unsalted butter and both brown sugars to a boil in a 3 ½-quart saucepan over medium, whisking constantly. Whisk in heavy cream, and return to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour mixture into the bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. With mixer running on medium speed, gradually add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and fine sea salt. Beat until thickened and spreadable, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle top of cake with flaky sea salt.
- Scroll Down For More Information
It’s that time of year when flavours change with the season, and today we’re making Salted Caramel Cannabis Cake!
Each layer of this cake tastes divine, but it’s the caramel frosting that will wow you!
It’s deliciously rich, and has a nice balance of salty and sweet.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
To make this perfectly salty and sweet cake with cannabis infusion, you’ll need:
- granulated sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- vegetable shortening
- brown sugar
- heavy cream
- powdered sugar
- sea salt and flaky sea salt
Interested in more information about how to properly decarboxylate your weed, click here.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.
For cannabis news, lifestyle blogs, health and products – we’ve got you ‘highly’ covered.