Cuban Cannabis SandwichDifficulty: Easy
Equipment & Ingredients
- Pressure Cooker
- Sharp Knife & Cutting Board
- Cast Iron or Grill Pan
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
5-6 tbsp cannabutter to spread on bread when ready
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 long Cuban bread rolls or bread similar
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup bread and butter pickles
- Begin by braising the pork shoulder. Tie the shoulder in 4 places with kitchen twine so it will hold its shape while being cooked or ask your butcher to do this for you. Season the pork with salt, pepper, cumin and oregano. Set the base of a pressure cooker over low-medium heat and add a 2 count of olive oil.
- Add garlic and chili flakes and as the oil heats up it will become fragrant and infuse the oil. Add the pork. Add onions around the pork and brown slightly before adding orange juice, lime juice, stock and bay leaves.
- Secure the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 20 to 25 minutes depending on the size of your pressure cooker. The pork should be tender when done. When done allow to cool in juices before removing twine and slicing.
- To prepare Cuban sandwiches, split bread in half then layer the sandwich with cannabutter, mustard, cheese, pickles, ham, pork then cheese again (the cheese glues everything together). Season with salt and pepper in between the ham and pork layers.
- Scroll Down For More Information
Cuban Cannabis Sandwich Information
A Cuban sandwich, known as a Cubano, is a grilled ham-and-cheese sandwich variation and today we’re upleveling it by making it a Cuban Cannabis Sandwich!
It’s said that the Cubano was created in Florida by Cuban immigrants who needed a filling and easy-to-carry lunch.
The combination of juicy pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, and Cuban bread makes this dish an addictive sammy for sure.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
For a traditional Cuban sandwich, you’ll need to shop for:
- boneless pork shoulder
- cannabis butter
- olive oil
- chilli flakes
- orange juice
- chicken broth
- bay leaves
- long Cuban bread roll
- Swiss cheese
- Deli ham
Interested in more information about how to properly decarboxylate your weed, click here.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.