How You Can Make Weed Tea From Your Leftover Stems
If you are a cannabis aficionado, you know that sticks and stems are a natural product of enjoying flower.
Whether you are a cultivator or a consumer, you understand that cannabis is a plant and plants have stalks and stems upon which the delicate miracle flowers and their buds grow.
It’s common for people to just toss their stems in the garbage along with other cannabis waste. Some people toss their cannabis stems in the compost or throw them outside to see what happens.
The creative ones save their stems in a container until they have enough to make sticks and stems tea.
Weed Stem Tea – Strange Brew
Interestingly enough, cannabis has been used to make tea for centuries in many cultures around the world. Evidence of this dates back as far as 10,000 B.C. in places such as China, where it is called “cha”, and in India, where it is known as “bhang”. In Jamaica, Rastafarians have used marijuana medicinally for decades as well, citing its numerous health benefits, as well as its calming and soothing properties.
Whether you are interested in the health benefits, or you are simply seeking a way to relax at the end of a long week, brewing a cup of sticks and stems tea might just be one of the best decisions you’ll make all day. So, save up your stems. They are worth their weight in gold!
Step By Step Guide to Brewing Your Cannabis Stem Tea
Are you ready for your first brew of cannabis sticks and stems tea?
For this recipe, you will need between 5-8 grams of extra cannabis stems.
- Although that seems like a lot, keep in mind that the stems contain a much lower percentage of THC and CBD, so you need a bit more to produce an effect.
- If you have a coffee or spice grinder, use it to grind up the plant matter. Once ground, fill a tea ball or bag with the ground up stems.
- While you are doing that, boil about two cups of water on the stove.
- Once the water is boiling, add a few tablespoons of butter (could be dairy or a vegan alternative, depending upon your needs), and bring down to a simmer.
- Add the tea ball or bag. In addition to the stems, I like to also add in some chai tea for a delicious and spicy flavor.
- Put a lid on the pot, and simmer for about an hour. You may need to add more water; just keep an eye on it.
- After an hour, remove the lid and add a cup of milk, or milk substitute. Return to a boil for 5-10 minutes, continually stirring so that the milk doesn’t burn.
- Turn the stove off.
- Add honey, sugar, or your sweetener of choice. Pour into a mug and top with a dash of cinnamon.
Sip away and, in about 30-90 minutes, you will feel the calming results.
Relax and Enjoy Your Marijuana Stem Tea
This recipe produces a delicious stick and stem tea, that’s a bit different than traditional “weed tea” with effects that will last for a few hours. You might notice a “body high” effect rather than a “heady” or “spacey” high, which means that you will relax, frenetic energy will dissipate, and you will feel calm and more in touch with your surroundings.
Sometimes, in this highly charged and quick-step culture in which we live, the best and most important thing you can do for yourself is take time to pause and renew your energies. A delicious cup of sticks and stems tea could be the perfect compliment to an otherwise hectic way of life.
Now breathe, sit back, and sip. You’ll be glad that you did.