Marijuana MojitosDifficulty: Easy
Equipment & Ingredients
- cheesecloth or panty hose
- cookie sheet
- 1 bottle Cuban Rum
1/8 ounce Decarbed Cannabis
- 10 Fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime - cut into four wedges
- 1 tbsp cannabis sugar or regular sugar
- 60 ml cannabis infused rum
- soda water to taste
- Infusing Rum
- Set your oven to 240 FDecarboxylate your cannabis: placing it in an oven tray and wrapped up in tin foil. Place your cannabis in the oven for minimum of 20 minutes. Up to 40 min.Wrap your decarbed cannabis in a pantyhose or small cheesecloth and wrap tight so it will fit into the top of the tequila bottle. And place it in your bottle.Let stand for at least 24 hours up to weeks. And shake every 12 hours.
- Infused Mojito
- Put mint leaves and a lime wedge into a glass. Crush the mint leaves and lime with a muddler to release the lime juice and mint oils.
- Add the sugar (to taste) and 2 more lime wedges then crush again to release the lime juice. Do not strain.
- Add as much ice as desired then pour the cannabis infused rum over the ice. Fill the rest of the glass with carbonated water.
- Scroll Down For More Information
Imagine a smoking hot afternoon in the summer, and the only thing that will cool you down is Making Marijuana Mojitos!
Refreshing, crisp, and drenched in thirst-quenching satisfaction – making a marijuana mojito should be your weekly or even daily 5 o’clock somewhere tradition.
Cuba calls the mojito theirs, and with good reason – if Ernest Hemingway can write about a tasty Cuban mojito then I think they can keep their claim!
Ready to get high with a Cuban cocktail?
What Exactly Is In A Mojito?
The classic mojito is made using Cuban rum (ron), simple syrup, lime juice and fresh mint. It really is the perfect summer drink.
Bartenders will tell you that while the ingredients are simple, the way you combine them together is where you find the art of it all.
You want a balance between rum, sweet-like-sugarcane sugar, lime and mint – one wrong dash of something and the drink just tastes off.
Follow our recipe below to make the perfect pot-cocktail.
Do I Need To Decarb?
The infusion process with alcohol is a little easier than you might think. If you haven’t tried it before, you’re going to want to read our other recipes to learn how. (below)
But you can make this infusion one of two ways:
- Infuse your Rum with decarboxylated weed and leave for a few days to ‘marinate’ or;
- Make Cannabis Sugar and try to infuse it that way or;
- Do BOTH!! I vote for both.
How Do I Infuse Alcohol with Cannabis?
- Set your oven to 240 F
- Decarboxylate your cannabis: placing it in an oven tray and wrapped up in tin foil. Place your cannabis in the oven for a minimum of 20 minutes. Up to 40 min.
- Wrap your decarbed cannabis in a pantyhose or small cheesecloth and wrap it tight so it will fit into the top of the tequila bottle. And place it in your bottle.
- Let stand for at least 24 hours up to weeks. And shake every 12 hours.