How To Make Your Own Vegan CannabutterDifficulty: Easy
Equipment & Ingredients
- 1 saucepan
- 1 fine mesh strainer
- measuring cups & spoons
- 1 digital candy thermometre
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 gram decarbed cannabis the strain of your choice
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt coconut oil. Mix in decarbed & ground marijuana. Once melted, turn the heat down to the lowest heat setting possible,
- Let infuse for 4-6 hours, depending on how much time you have. The optimal infusion temperature is between 180-200°F.
- When finished, pour the infused butter through the fine mesh strainer into the container of choice. Make sure you store this in a seal tight container.
- Scroll Down For More Information
Whether you’re just starting out or you want to try something new, here’s How To Make Your Own Vegan Cannabutter.
Follow our step-by-step recipe to make the most velvety-smooth vegan cannabutter out there.
Vegan weed butter is the exact same process as regular cannabis butter, except we’ll switch out the butter for cannabis oil, making this a delicious and versatile addition to any edible dish you want to make.
Spotlight On Ingredients
It doesn’t really matter if you are on a plant-based diet or not, coconut oil is one of the best oils to infuse with cannabis, period.
It can withstand the highest of heat (400F) and it doesn’t change consistency when heated unlike margarine.
Because of coconut oil’s natural and healthy fatty acids, it is one of the best oils to retain the cannabinoids.
Sure, other oils could work like canola or sunflower oil – but they just won’t retain the same amount – so let’s stick with the crowd favourite and make some weed butter with coconut oil!
Do I Need To Decarb First?
The answer is always yes!
Decarboxylation means you’ll be heating the cannabis flower and activating the THC. The entire point of edibles, my friends, is to enjoy the high so you’re always going to want to make sure you have decarbed weed on hand.
What Is The Infusion Process Like?
This is a quick and simple way to infuse – mix your decrabed cannabis in a small saucepan with melted coconut oil and let it steep for 4-6 hours on the lowest heat setting possible.
Once infused, you can use a fine-mesh strainer and strain out the cannabis, leaving the fully infused butter. It’s hassle-free, but you do need to keep a very close eye on the stove, and you want to have the ideal temperature of approximately 180-200 degrees F.
Interested in more information about how to properly decarboxylate your weed, click here.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.