Stoners are some of the most inventive people on the planet. The creations people have come up with to get high are mind-boggling. From intricate joints to masterful feats of bong engineering, the mind of the stoner knows no bounds.
One of those amazing inventions is the cannagar. What’s a cannagar, you ask? Gather ‘round, we’re about to tell you.
What’s a cannagar?
A cannagar is exactly what it sounds like. It looks and smokes like a cigar, but it’s entirely made out of cannabis. Essentially, it’s a very tightly-packed, massive blunt that’s going to last you for hours of flavorful smoking pleasure.
The cannagar’s predecessor, the Thai stick, has been wildly popular in the 1970s, but cannagars have only recently become popular.
Just like cigars, they come in all different sizes and you can choose the size that best fits your smoking habits. Whether you’re just looking for a chill evening by yourself or getting all of your friends high at the same time, there’s a cannagar for you.
How much does a cannagar cost?
You may have guessed it by now, cannagars are not cheap. Most small and simple cannagars start at around $100 and can very easily reach $250-$400. One company even sold a 24 karat gold-plated cannagar for around $11,000.
That’s also the major downside of cannagars. While a gold-plated weed cigar makes for a great Instagram story, most people don’t have that kind of money lying around.
Make your own cannagar
You don’t have to shell out insane amounts of money just to get high in style. Purple Rose Supply, a company based in California, has created cannagar molds that let you make your own cannagars at home, for a fraction of the price of what you can find at a dispensary.
The Purple Rose Supply molds come in three sizes, covering pretty much every stoner’s needs. The sizes are personal, which holds 2-4 grams of cannabis, depending on how tightly you pack the mold, small, which holds 3.5-7 grams, and large, which you can pack with a massive 10-14 grams of your favorite weed. The molds sell for between $44-$49, depending on the size, and they all come with everything you need to get started on your first cannagar.
How do you make a cannagar?
With the Purple Rose Supply mold, making a cannagar is as easy as it could possibly be.
What you’ll need:
- Between 2-14 grams of your favorite cannabis. You can also mix and match and put several strains in the same cannagar.
- The cannagar mold of your choice — again, the sizes are personal, small, and large.
- Skewers — these come supplied with the mold and you can buy more once you run out
- A mouthpiece — together with the mold you’ll get a mouthpiece and you can always order more.
- A wrap — you can use cannabis fan leaves, a blunt wrap (preferably made of hemp), or simply rolling papers. Purple Rose Supply also sells a cannagar shell that you just slide over the cured core.
- Optional: cannabis concentrate — if you don’t use the Purple Rose Supply cannagar shell, coating your cannagar core in THC oil before wrapping it will help everything stick together and also add some punch to your finished cannagar.
What to do:
- Grind up your cannabis flower.
- Close the mold, insert one of the skewers and start filling the mold with ground-up flower. Put in a bit of flower at a time and using the packing tool, pack it as tightly as you can. The tighter you pack your cannagar, the slower and better it will burn later.
- Now we play the waiting game. For best results, Purple Rose Supply recommends that you let the packed mold sit for a full day, or for at least 3 hours. The longer you let your cannagar core cure, the slower and smoother the final cannagar will burn.
- Once you’ve made it through all steps and allowed your cannagar to perfectly cure, carefully open the mold and remove the cannagar core from it. If you’ll be using one of Purple Rose Supply’s cannagar shells, quickly slide it over the core. Once you remove the core from the mold, it will start to expand slightly. Wait too long and the shell won’t fit anymore.
If you don’t have a shell at hand, you can also wrap the core in a blunt wrap (drizzle the core in THC concentrate to really make the wrap stick) or use cannabis fan leaves and wrap the core in those. If you use leaves, we recommend letting the cannagar cure for another few days to remove the extra chlorophyll and moisture from the leaves. This will give you a better smoke.
- When everything is done, attach the wooden mouthpiece to one end of your cannagar, remove the skewer and you’re good to go.
- You are now ready to light up your cannagar. For best results, use a torch and light your cannagar for at least 30 seconds to get a consistent and even burn.
Congratulations, you have now graduated to the cannabis big leagues!
Granted, the cannagar is probably not going to become your new standard way of smoking weed, but it is the single-best way to amaze your friends at your next birthday, bachelor party, or wedding reception. To get started with your very own cannagar, head on over to Purple Rose Supply and get your cannagar mold.
In the words of the great Tommy Chong, “this is the greatest thing I’ve seen in a long time.” And if you don’t trust Tommy Chong for your cannabis needs, what are you even doing with your life?
This article was sponsored by Purple Rose Supply.