A sploof is a cannabis enthusiast’s best friend when it comes to trying to smoke discreetly.
Sploofs are designed to filter the smoke you exhale to minimize the smell in the air around you. Some people get really fancy and make complicated, intricate sploofs, but in this guide, we’ll teach you how to make a basic sploof that you can make with items you likely already have around the house.
What You’ll Need
Most of these materials you’ll already have on hand, making this a cheap little device that is definitely worth it if you’re trying not to stink up the place.
- A toilet paper roll OR a plastic bottle
- Dryer sheets (bonus points for the scented kind)
- Optional: tape, rubber band, or string
Step-by-Step Instructions to make your own Sploof
1) If you opted for the toilet paper roll, get rid of the excess toilet paper leftover on the cardboard. If you chose to use a plastic bottle, cut the top off of it using scissors; Cut just above the top of the label.
2) Grab you dryer sheets and stuff either your bottle or toilet paper tube with about 3 or 4 of them. Don’t pack them too tight, just ball them up loosely and make sure the inside is filled and full once you stuff it.
3) At this point you can go ahead and start using your sploof if you’re low on dryer sheets and don’t want to make a mouth guard. However, if you don’t want to risk all your dryer sheets constantly falling out, you can fashion an optional mouthpiece for your sploof.
To make a mouth guard, take a dryer sheet and cover one end of your sploof with it. Then you can secure it over the opening by using a rubber band, some tape, or by tying a string around it.
4) Your sploof is ready! Go ahead and start using it whenever you want or need to mask that distinctive skunky odor. Blow smoke through the mouthpiece end of your sploof and be amazed as it comes out the other end smelling less like weed and more like fresh linens.
5) If the excess dryer sheet around the mouth guard is bothering you, feel free to use scissors to cut off the edges.
6) If you really care about your sploof’s aesthetic, you can even go as far as to decorate it. Sploofs can be used for several smoke sessions before they need to be disposed of (or at least have the dryer sheets changed out.)
7) When the dryer sheets currently inside of your sploof turn brown, it’s time to freshen your sploof up a bit. After prolonged use, the dryer sheets stop filtering the smell if they get too clogged up with resin.
As you can see, it’s really easy to make your own sploof at home with items you most likely already have on hand! For those of you in a pinch, it’s even quicker and easier if you don’t care about looks and are just gunning for functionality.