Pumpkin Cannabis BreadDifficulty: Easy
Equipment & Ingredients
- Loaf pan
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup cannabis oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Lowering the oven rack prevents the top of your bread from browning too much, too soon. Grease a metal 9×5-inch loaf pan or line with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and salt together until combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until combined. Whisk in the pumpkin, cannabis oil, and orange juice. Pour these wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon. There will be a few lumps. Do not over-mix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips, if including.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60–65 minutes, making sure to loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent the top from getting too brown. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with only a few small moist crumbs. This may be before or after 60–65 minutes depending on your oven, so begin checking every 5 minutes around the 55-minute mark.
- Allow the bread to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before removing and slicing. Cover and store leftover pumpkin bread at room temperature for up to 3–4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Scroll Down For More Information
This Pumpkin Cannabis Bread is a favourite fall recipe packed with cinnamon spice and tons of pumpkin flavour.
Extra moist and easy to make, with a bonus: you don’t even need a mixer! Packed with cannabis butter, you’re going to ‘fall’ for this bread.
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This bread recipe tastes very similar to delicious pumpkin muffins.
Here are the key ingredients you need & why:
- Pumpkin: There’s a lot of pumpkin in this recipe because it not only adds flavour but moisture as well.
- Cannabis Oil: Adds incredible moisture and lightens up the crumb.
- Favourite Fall Spices: Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves… the gangs all here!
- Orange Juice: I know orange juice seems strange here, but don’t be nervous. This bread will NOT taste like oranges. I use orange juice because a bit of liquid keeps the bread from tasting too dense.
- Chocolate Chips: Optional, but if you’re a chocolate lover, pumpkin + chocolate is always a good idea.
Interested in more information about how to properly decarboxylate your weed, click here.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.
For cannabis news, lifestyle blogs, health and products – we’ve got you ‘highly’ covered.