Millionaire’s Shortbread With CannabutterDifficulty: Easy
Equipment & Ingredients
- mixing bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- 13 x 9 baking pan
- parchment paper
1 cup unsalted cannabutter softened at room temp
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 lg egg yolk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Caramel Filing
- 2x14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
14 tbsp cannabutter cut up into small cubes
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C) and line a 13x9 baking pan with parchment paper.Using an electric mixer, beat butter until well creamed.
- Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds.Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and stir well, pausing to scrape down the sides and mixing until ingredients are well-combined.
- Add flour, gradually (about ½ cup at a time), pausing to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Drop dough over prepared pan and gently, firmly, evenly, press dough into the bottom of the pan. To make it easier, I usually lay a piece of wax paper over the dough and use the palm of my hand to smooth the surface (and then discard wax paper).Bake on 350F (177C) for 20-25 minutes -- edges should be lightly golden brown. Allow it to cool while you prepare your caramel topping.
- Combine condensed milk, butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until butter is melted and ingredients are well-combined.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the vanilla extract and salt.Pour evenly over prepared shortbread, use a knife to spread evenly if needed.
- Chocolate Ganache
Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Stir frequently until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
Allow chocolate to cool just slightly for about 5 minutes, and then evenly spread over prepared caramel layer. Wait several minutes and then sprinkle with sea salt. Allow chocolate to harden & enjoy!
- Scroll Down For More Information
This Millionaire’s Shortbread With Cannabutter is the perfect trifecta: sweet, simple shortbread.
Made with rich caramel, and a thicker than thick chocolate ganache – this is a dessert lover’s dream!
It’s time to get high.
What Do I Need To Know About This Recipe?
The first thing you need to know is that it’s a very rich dessert — in fact, you can cut these squares into more squares because a few nibbles and you’ll already feel satisfied.
The shortbread is slightly sweetened but is the perfect base to hold the chewy caramel chocolate ganache. To make things even more decadent, it’s all topped off with a sprinkle of sea salt.
It’s not called Millionaire’s shortbread for nothing!
What Ingredients Do I Need?
- egg yolk
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt
Interested in more information about how to properly decarboxylate your weed, click here.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.