Maple Cannabis Pecan SnickerdoodlesDifficulty: Normal
Equipment & Ingredients
- mixing bowl
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted cannabis butter softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans plus pecan halves to press into the tops of each cookie
- Whisk the flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cannabis butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat on high until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Beat in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and maple extract until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and then beat on low until combined. Beat in the chopped pecans. Dough will be thick and soft.
- Cover and chill the dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator (and up to 3-4 days). If chilling for longer than a few hours, allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking because the dough will be quite hard.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough per cookie. Roll each ball generously into cinnamon sugar topping and place 2-3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Gently press a pecan half into the tops of each dough ball.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. The centers will look very soft.
- Scroll Down For More Information
If there’s anything we can all agree on, it’s that these Maple Marijuana Pecan Snickerdoodles are so incredibly wonderful you’ll want 10!
Made with real Canadian maple syrup and infused with cannabis butter, it’s heaven when the two ingredients combine.
Tell Me About These Maple Marijuana Snickerdoodles
This is the kind of dessert where two cookies collide in a very romantic way to make one flavourful and delicious cookie!
- Flavour: OMG. The extra cinnamon and a little tang from the cream of tartar is so darn good. The pecan half on each cookie gets a little toasty, so if you love nuts– don’t skip that addition.
- Texture: Chewy, crinkly, and super duper soft, with chunks of pecans in every bite. Yes, please!
- Easy Peasy Thesesnickerdoodles are easy enough for a beginner to handle because there’s no complicated shaping or prep required. Don’t forget a few key ingredients like cream of tartar, pure maple syrup, and cannabis butter.
- Time: These snickerdoodle cookies need a 2-hour chill time.
- Cinnamon: All snickerdoodles need lots of cinnamon. It’s a staple!
- Cream of Tartar: Cream of tartar adds a unique tang to snickerdoodle cookies. It’s a powder that makes the cookies shine.
- Pure Maple Syrup: Make sure you use the real stuff.
- Maple Extract: Trust me on this one.
- Pecans: Chopped pecans add some texture to the cookies. Press the pecan halves on top of each dough ball before baking.