Ham and Cheese Cannabis SconesDifficulty: Normal
Equipment & Ingredients
- Dough cutter
- mixing bowls
- Hand or stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup unsalted cannabis butter frozen
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg separate
- 3/4 cup finely chopped ham
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in the chives and shredded cheese.
- Grate the frozen canna butter using a box grater. Add it to the flour mixture and combine with a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers until the mixture comes together in pea-sized crumbs. Place in the refrigerator or freezer as you mix the wet ingredients together.
- Whisk 2/3 cup buttermilk and the egg yolk together. (Save egg white for step 5.) Pour over the flour/cheese mixture, add the ham, and then mix until the dough clumps together.
- Pour dough onto a lightly floured work surface and, with floured hands, work dough into a ball as best you can. Dough will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour. If it seems too dry, add 1–2 more Tablespoons cold buttermilk. Press into an 8-inch disc and, with a sharp knife cut into 8 wedges.
- Whisk 1 Tablespoon buttermilk with reserved egg white. Brush onto scones and, if desired, sprinkle with flaky sea salt. (You can do this before or after refrigerating in the next step.)
- Place scones on a plate or lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat(s). If making mini or drop scones, use 2 baking sheets. After refrigerating, arrange scones 2–3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet(s).
- Bake for 22–25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before serving.
- Scroll Down For More Information
Pour yourself a hot cup of tea and dig into these Ham and Cheese Cannabis Scones.
They are perfectly flaky and soft with crisp-crumbly edges and instead of sugar, we’re blending in savoury and satisfying flavours including cheddar cheese, ham, garlic powder, black pepper, and fresh chives.
Cutting cold butter into the dry ingredients promises a flaky, layered texture. Make sure you follow all of the instructions.
Why You’ll Love These Ham & Cheese Scones
- Perfect for breakfast, snack, or side dish
- Delicious with tea, or scrambled eggs
- Flaky, canna-buttery, not dry
- A little softer than your regular biscuit flavour
- Cheesy and garlicky
- Crisp edges, soft inside
Key Ingredients You Need
- Sugar: Without sugar, the scone’s flavour falls flat.
- Garlic Powder: Flavor and perfection all the way.
- Cold Cannabis Butter: Cold butter is the main ingredient in these cheddar scones. It adds flakiness, flavour, crisp edges, and rise. The colder, the better.
- Cheddar Cheese: Use your favourite cheddar cheese.
- Chives: A few Tablespoons of fresh chopped chives adds flavour.
- Buttermilk: The dough needs liquid, and buttermilk is best.
- Egg: An egg is what sets these scones apart from biscuits.
- Ham: Chop cooked ham into little bite-size cubes and mix into the dough as your add-in.
Interested in more information about how to properly decarboxylate your weed, click here.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.
For cannabis news, lifestyle blogs, health and products – we’ve got you ‘highly’ covered.