General Tso’s Tofu with WeedDifficulty: Normal
Equipment & Ingredients
- Measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowls
- 16 oz extra firm tofu excess water removed, sliced into cubes
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Stir Fry
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp cannabis oil
- 4 green onions chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 2 cups quinoa or rice you choose
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large ziploc bag, add the cubed tofu, tamari and then cornstarch. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, tamari, sriracha, orange juice and cornstarch until the cornstarch has dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or cast iron pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the tofu, working in batches as needed, and sear for about 3 minutes on each side or until crispy all over. Add more oil between batches as needed.
- If cooked in batches, return all tofu to the skillet and add the green onions, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the green onions begin to break down.
- Add the sauce you set aside and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 5 minutes more, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice or quinoa and top with sesame seeds.
- Scroll Down For More Information
General Tso’s Tofu with Weed can be served with rice or quinoa, and top with sesame seeds and you have yourself a delicious vegan, gluten-free meal!
Add cannabis to the dish and you’re going to have a fantastic time.
1. Use a paper towel to blot off the excess water from tofu – sometimes I like to wrap a brick of tofu up in the paper towel and walk away for an hour (if you have time)
2. Since tofu is like a sponge, it absorbs moisture easily – and this means you’ll have to spend a little time prepping and not skipping this part.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
Besides extra firm tofu, here’s your grocery list:
- maple syrup
- cannabis oil
- orange juice
- green onions
- rice or quinoa
- sesame seeds
Interested in more information about how to properly decarboxylate your weed, click here.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.
For cannabis news, lifestyle blogs, health and products – we’ve got you ‘highly’ covered.