Cannabis Tincture: Easy Simple RecipeDifficulty: Normal
Equipment: 2 Buckets. 1 large wooden spoon or stick, 1 strainer, 5 coffee filters, rice cooker
Equipment & Ingredients
1 large wooden spoon or stick
1 oz cannabis decarbed
2 cups everclear or high proof alcohol
- Place the decarbed cannabis in a plastic bucket and crush the plant using a large wooden spoon. While crushing, add in 1 cup of everclear alcohol until all of the plant material is completely soaked.
- Stir the mixture for about four minutes, and as you stir the mixture the cannabinoids will begin dissolving which is exactly what you want.
- Next, using a strainer, strain the solvent mixture into another bucket. Repeat this process for the second wash. Again add 1 cup of everclear to the plant material and work for another four minutes to extract the remaining THC. Strain this new solvent mix into the bucket containing the first mix that was previously separated.
- Discard the twice washed plant material.Pour the solvent mixture through a coffee filter into a clean container. Boil the solvent off in a safe environment. A rice cooker will boil the solvent off nicely.
CAUTION: the solvent is flammable and the vapors are toxic.
CAUTION: Avoid stove-tops, red-hot elements, sparks, cigarettes, and open flames as the fumes can be extremely dangerous.
- If you're using a rice cooker, add the solvent to rice cooker and turn on heat.
- Continue to add mixture to cooker as the solvent evaporates until you have added it all to the cooker.Continue to reduce the liquid until you have roughly 1 cup liquid left.Place in a container or jar and let stand for at least 24 hours.
- Then you can add to a dropper and use as you wish for edibles or wellness!
- The solvent is flammable and the vapors are toxic
Have you wanted to try to experiment more with weed edibles? Today we’re showing you how to make Cannabis Tincture: Easy Simple Recipe.
So what exactly is a cannabis tincture? It’s an alcoholic cannabis concentrate that’s usually stored in a small bottle or dropper so you can accurately measure exactly how much is going inside your body.
You can use tinctures to create cannabis sugar, drinks, cocktails or just take a few drops under the tongue for a boost of wellness every day.
While many edible recipes require patience and time, you’ll likely find that this recipe in today’s blog is a little on the easy side.
I think its about ‘high’ time you made your own tincture at home!
What’s The Tincture Process Like?
From start to finish this recipe and process should take you an hour or less! (yes, really)
Without a doubt, you’ll need decarbed cannabis for this to work properly, so if you don’t have any on hand you can follow this easy step-by-step recipe for perfectly decarboxylated weed.
What Are The Benefits Of Tincture?
You can choose whatever method you prefer, but if you’re wondering what the benefits are, allow us to explain:
First of all, tinctures are a lot less hassle once you’ve prepared them and they’re perfect to take along in your bag, pocket or purse.
And lastly, because we are suggesting you put your tincture into a dropper, you can easily control exactly how much tincture you are consuming or using.
Interested in more information about how to properly decarboxylate your weed, click here.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.
For cannabis news, lifestyle blogs, health and products – we’ve got you ‘highly’ covered.