Cannabis Snickers BarsDifficulty: Normal
Equipment & Ingredients
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chopped
3/4 cup granulated cannabis sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 6 ounces white chocolate (preferably Valrhona), chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Use foil or parchment paper to line the bottom and sides of an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan. Butter the foil or paper very lightly.
Place the milk chocolate in a small heatproof bowl and stir it until it is smooth and melted over simmering water, but not touching it. With a spatula, evenly distribute half of the milk chocolate into the loaf pan that has been preheated. The remaining melted milk chocolate should be set aside. Place the loaf pan in the freezer for about 45 minutes, or until the milk chocolate is touchably cold.
- Make the caramel layer once the milk chocolate in the loaf pan has cooled and become firm. The sugar and water should be combined in a big pot over low heat. Cook for about a minute, stirring now and then, until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid is clear.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and boil the sugar for 3 to 5 minutes without stirring, or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
Cook the sugar until it turns deep amber for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, gently and repeatedly tilting the pan over the heat to swirl the mixture and guarantee that the caramel is an even color. The pan should be taken off the heat right away.
- The cream should be added slowly and carefully after you remove the caramel from the heat because it might splatter and steam when it comes into contact with the hot caramel. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- When the white chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth, add the salt and stir until combined. Stir in the peanuts after adding them. Allow to slightly cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread the cooled milk chocolate in the loaf pan evenly with the slightly cooled peanut caramel mixture. For about 45 minutes, freeze until it is cold and firm.
- When the previous layer is completely cool, prepare the following one by gently reheating the remaining milk chocolate over boiling water, pouring it over the peanut caramel layer, and then evenly spreading it. For 20 to 30 minutes, refrigerate or freeze until very cold.
- Transfer the candy to a work surface utilizing the parchment paper or foil pan liner. Peel off the foil or paper. Trim the rough edges with a large knife before slicing the enormous Snickers bar into 1 1/2-inch-wide bars. Divide each bar into nine pieces. For up to five days, keep your Snickers bars in the refrigerator in a resealable container. Snickers bars won't last that long in plain sight, as if they would!