Butternut Squash Cannabis SoupDifficulty: Normal
Equipment & Ingredients
- Large pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board
- Large, sharp knife
2 tbsp cannabis oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 3lb butternut squash de-seeded, peeled, cubed, or equivalent in frozen squash
- 3 garlic cloves chopped and minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Sage
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary chopped, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated finely
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- Heat the cannabis oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper and sauté until soft, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the squash and cook until it begins to soften, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sage, rosemary, and ginger. Stir and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant, then add 3 cups of the broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the squash is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and pour the soup into a blender, working in batches if necessary, and blend until smooth. If your soup is too thick, add up to 1 cup more broth and blend. Drizzle cannabis oil over top, and serve with toasted pepitas, crusty bread with cannabutter, and slurp!
- Scroll Down For More Information
My favourite fall tradition is making Butternut Squash Cannabis Soup on colder Autumn days.
There’s nothing more soothing than simmering vegetables over a warm stove in anticipation for a nice cannabis buzz.
You’ll be surrounded by the cozy scent of rosemary in the kitchen, and the end result is a hot bowl of tasty soup with the rest that twill last you all week long.
With cannabis oil, of course!
Making cannabis oil, especially if you haven’t done it before, requires a little time and patience but once you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll have thousands of recipes to choose from where an infusion is a perfect choice.
You can substitute whichever oil you like to create the same results.
Whether it’s baking, cooking or a delicious drizzle on a salad or baked potato – weed-infused oil is a must-have in every cannabis Chef’s kitchen.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
Everything in the ingredient list below screams fall in a wonderful, warming way!
You’ll need to make sure you have:
- Butternut squash – Grab a bunch; this is going to be a very squashy soup!
- Yellow onion and garlic – These veggies add a delicious depth of flavour.
- Fresh sage and rosemary – The herbs that elevate the entire dish.
- Ginger – Its warm flavour and slight spiciness lend to that rich, cozy inside-out happiness you can only get from a nice hot soup.
- Cannabis Oil– 2 tablespoons add the perfect amount of richness and help to smooth out any bumps or lumps.
- Vegetable broth – Because the blended squash becomes creamy on its own.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper – Nothing is complete without salt and pepper.
Interested in more information about how to properly decarboxylate your weed, click here.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.
For cannabis news, lifestyle blogs, health and products – we’ve got you ‘highly’ covered.