Brown Sugar Cannabutter CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Equipment & Ingredients
- Stand mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
1 cup cannabis butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Cream together the cannabis butter and brown sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. You can also use a handheld electric mixer.Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir just until combined.
- Scoop out dough using a cookie scoop, approximately 1 ½ tablespoons- and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the granulated sugar. (You can skip the rolling in sugar if you'd like.)
- Place onto the prepared cookie sheet. Press down with the tines of a fork. Sprinkle with a little extra sugar if you didn't roll them in sugar.
- Refrigerate dough balls for 30-60 minutes.Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the centers are set. We do not let the cookies get golden brown so that they stay soft.Allow the cookies to cool on the baking pan for 3-4 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Scroll Down For More Information
These chewy Brown Sugar Cannabutter Cookies are an easy dessert to make! If you love sugar cookies and you want something that just hits the spot with every bite, then it’s time to slap on your apron and get baking!
Why You Will Love These Cookies
The cookies today are made exclusively with brown sugar, which is simply white sugar with molasses. Dark brown sugar has a little more molasses than light brown sugar.
Brown sugar has more moisture than white, so it can cause baked goods to be extra soft and tender but also dense.
These cookies have a delicious deeper, richer flavour than white sugar. Think of caramel or toffee…that’s the flavour you’ll be adding to baked goods with brown sugar.
They’re made with weed butter – and a LOT of it, so if you’re just a beginner, just eat half a cookie or so to start.
Tips For Brown Sugar Weed Cookies
Here are some great Cannabis Chef tips for baking cannabis cookies:
- Use light brown sugar. When you use light brown sugar, the cookies will be soft, tender and dense. Like shortbread!
- Use a mixer. This makes sure the ingredients get combined well.
- Cream the cannabis butter and sugar well. Cream the butter, then cream it again!
- Refrigerate: Refrigerating the dough prevents unwanted cookie spread.
- Don’t overbake! We do not let the cookies get brown so that they stay soft.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.