Brown Butter Bud BlondiesDifficulty: Normal
Equipment & Ingredients
- Apple Peeler
- mixing bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring spoons
- Spatula, whisk, wooden spoon
- Brownie pan
- Apple Portion
- 2 cups apples chopped, peeled, cored
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup cannabutter
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Brown Butter Icing
- 1/4 cup cannabutter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Slice the cannabutter into pieces and place in a skillet. Melt the weed butter over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once melted, the butter will begin to foam. Keep stirring. After 5-8 minutes, the butter will begin browning and you’ll notice lightly browned specks begin to form at the bottom of the pan. You will smell a nutty aroma. Once browned, immediately remove from heat, pour into a heat-proof bowl, and set aside until ready to use
Prepare the apples: Meanwhile, return the pan to the stove. Add the apples, maple syrup/brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir and cook over medium heat until apples have slightly softened, about 3-5 minutes. Set apples aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line the bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished blondies out (makes cutting easier!). Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup browned butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the apples. Batter will be thick.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out *mostly* clean. Remove from the oven and allow the blondies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) of brown butter in the microwave for a few seconds since it has likely solidified by now. Whisk in confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. If needed, add more confectioners’ sugar to thicken or more milk to thin out. Drizzle over cooled blondies, then cut into squares.
- Scroll Down For More Information
These soft and chewy Brown Butter Bud Blondies combine cinnamon-spiced apples, brown sugar, and flavorful brown cannabis butter.
We’ll top them with brown butter icing so you can fall in love with just one bite.
These Brown Butter Bud Blondies Are:
- Deliciously cinnamon-spiced
- Super soft and sweet
- Chewy, not cakey
- Flavoured with brown sugar and cannabis butter.
- Bursting with apple goodness.
- Not diet food at all. Oh well!
How To Make Them:
- Brown the cannabutter first. Since we’re using brown butter in the blondies and in the icing, you’ll need to pour the browned weed butter into a heat-proof bowl, then return the pan to the stove.
- Peel, chop, and gently cook the apples. Cook the chopped apples on the stove for only 3-5 minutes. We’ll cook them with a bit of maple syrup (or brown sugar) and cinnamon.
- Make the batter. Whisk some brown cannabis butter with brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the apples, then spread into a 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake. The blondies take about 35 minutes.
- Ice them. Mix the remaining brown cannabis butter with confectioners’ sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
Interested in more information about how to properly decarboxylate your weed, click here.
Dosing and proper dosage can be tricky, and that’s why we are here for you.
To view and try out more great weed edible recipes, you can find them here.