Bang Bang Shrimp Weed TacosDifficulty: Normal
Equipment & Ingredients
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp raw, uncooked, peeled devined
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tsp sriracha sauce
- Taco Topping
- 10-12 flour tacos
- 3 cups purple cabage shredded thinly
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together Bang Bang Sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Make the marinade by combining buttermilk, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. Pour over peeled and deviled shrimp and stir to coat. Set aside while you start preheating your cannabis oil.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade one at a time, letting excess marinade drip off. Dip both sides in cornstarch until fully coated, tap off the excess and arrange breaded shrimp on a platter.
- Heat 1 1/2” of cannabis oil in a dutch oven or pot to 375˚F. Fry shrimp in 3 batches, cooking for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until golden brown, crispy and cooked through (turn halfway if needed). Use a strainer to transfer shrimp to rest on a paper towel-lined plate for a few minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a bowl and drizzle half of the sauce over warm shrimp. Toss gently until shrimp are coated and rest for 10 minutes to absorb the sauce.
- Assembling The Tacos
- Lightly toast corn tortillas on a griddle, skillet for 30 seconds per side, or over a gas flame if you want some charring.
- Add desired taco toppings, top with 2-3 shrimp per taco and drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Scroll Down For More Information
These homemade Bang Bang Shrimp Weed Tacos are crispy and saucy at the same time.
This shrimp and cannabis-infused dish can be served so many ways, but it’s incredibly satisfying as tacos drizzled with the bang bang sauce.
Combined with cannabis oil and the tastiest ingredients all nestled into a taco – you’re going to love it.
What is Bang Bang Shrimp?
Bang Bang Shrimp is battered and fried until extra crispy and tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce.
The ingredients are simple yet satisfying: mayonnaise, Thai sweet chilli sauce and sriracha. Add hotter sauce if you like, but the recipe today is perfection.
But what’s the key to battered shrimp? You need to dredge it in corn starch which makes it super crispy.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Shrimp – large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed.
- Battered Marinade –Buttermilk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder
- Corn Starch – creates a golden colour and extreme crunchiness.
- Cannabis Oil – fry the shrimp in cannabis oil for a beautiful, smooth high.
- Bang Bang Sauce – made of just 3 ingredients: mayo, sweet chilli sauce, and sriracha. Ta dah!