When do you like to smoke weed? Do you smoke it before bed? On your coffee break? Most importantly, do you it smoke alone? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, chances are you know about one hitter pipes. Or at least you should know about them.
One hitters for weed are the perfect way to enjoy a smoke session by yourself, and nobody else. Packed full with enough weed for a little pick me up, or to soothe your aches and pain, a one-hitter weed pipe is an excellent tool to have in your weed toolkit.
You probably already have a nice selection of glassware on your shelf. A bubbler, a big beautiful bong and maybe a handblown glass pipe, but the next thing to add to your collection is a glass one-hitter pipe. They can be equally as impressive. They can also pack a powerful hit just like a regular sized pipe, but they are made just for you.
What is a One-Hitter Weed Pipe?
A one-hitter is called by many different names. Depending on where you live, or the types of people you hang out with, you may have heard it called a bat, a glass joint, a oney, or some combination of these. Whatever the terminology, a one-hitter is a long slender smoking device with a bowl at one end and a mouthpiece at the other.
Usually, they are only big enough to get one big (or small) inhale from a single bowl. The bowl is also usually pointed outward at the tip of the pipe, instead of upwards like a more conventional pipe. Just like regular glassware, it comes in unlimited shapes and sizes. From one-hitters that look exactly like a cigarette, to one’s hand blown into fantastical creatures. They come in many different types of material as well – just like pipes – including aluminum, stone, wood, and glass.
The two uniting properties of a one-hitter weed pipe are the fact that it will only hold enough cannabis for one hit and the location of the bowl. If you want to pack a bowl to share around the table, a one-hitter weed pipe isn’t the tool. It’s going to give you one good pull, maybe a second, and then it’s time to re-pack and light up again.
How Do You Use a One-Hitter Pipe?
It doesn’t take a lot of skill to figure out a one-hitter pipe. If you’ve mastered other paraphernalia, there isn’t much to else to add. It’s just about packing a bowl and lighting up. But to make it easier for you, here are a few hot tips to make your smoking experience smooth and delightful.
- Don’t Overpack a One-Hitter Pipe: Because bats are so small, and they don’t have an additional air intake like other types of smoking devices, you only need a little weed. If you overpack the small bowl, you’ll permanently seal off all the air flow. Fire needs oxygen to breath, so if you don’t give it the air flow, your cherry is going to go out.
- Finely Grind Your Cannabis: Another way to improve airflow is to perfect your grind. The bowl is just too small, and a large chunk of weed is going to clog the pipes. Find a grinder that can almost powderize your cannabis. One with more teeth will typically deliver a finer grind, and therefore more air flow between the crumbs.
- Smoke Kief: Does your grinder happen to have a pollen collector? This crystal is a perfect product to pack into your one-hitter. Its powdery, pure crystal, and easily smokes in the small bowl of a one-hitter pipe.
- Watch out for Damp Nugs: A perfectly cured nug is going to be a little damp, its true. But if it’s too moist, and you pack it too tightly into the bowl, it’ll be impossible to light. Again, it all comes down to keep space for airflow.
- Don’t Share with Friends: No matter how much you pack into the bowl of the pipe, you’ll never get enough in to share. If you want to smoke with friends, they’ll need their own. Or you’ll need to repack each and every time you pass it to a friend.
Where Can You Buy One?
One hitter pipes are not as common as they once were. With the proliferation of weed culture, everyone wants to smoke with friends these days. But, even if vape pens have started to replace the old-school bats, they are still relatively easy to find – if you know where to look.
- Hit up Amazon: Not surprisingly, the store with everything also has one-hitters. Amazon might have the cheapest and most extensive selection of single-serving pipes out there. From a beautifully crafted walnut wooden bat to a super cheap one-hitter made to look like a cigarette.
- Online Head Shops: If you don’t have an Amazon account, or prefer your package to arrive with a bit more discretion, you can also hit up an online head shop. These shops are a dime a dozen these days and tend to have an impressive selection. They curate their product beyond the cheap goods coming out of China.
- Your Local Dispensary: If you live in a region where head shops and dispensaries are everywhere, why not shop locally? You’ll have a chance to hold the product before you buy it, and support a local business. The shop will also help you pick out the perfect piece of merchandise from their well-curated selection.
One hitter pipes are one of the most efficient ways to smoke weed. Because they only take a little product at a time, nothing goes to waste. One hitter weed pipes are a discreet and personal way to take your medicine, or simply relax after a long way day of work. They might not make great friends, but they will give you a personal and microdose hit of your favorite bud.
Leave a Reply